Please read the following instructions carefully before proceeding to our Online Application system.
Before you start the application, please familiarise yourself with the age guidelines for entry into Malvern College Hong Kong for the academic year of 2023-24 and 2024-25 and confirm your child’s Date of Birth falls within the correct year group.
We suggest you use a desktop or laptop computer to complete the application. Smartphones and tablets are not suitable devices due to screen size and formatting limitations.
The procedures of submitting an application to Malvern College Hong Kong are as follows:
- Completion of the Online Application Form, including uploading the photo and required documents;
- Payment of the HKD$1,800 application fee by crossed cheque. Please write your contact number, full name and date of birth of the applicant on the back of the cheque. Overseas applicants will be able to pay via Wire Transfer. Payment must be cleared to be considered duly paid.
All these steps must be complete for an assessment interview to be arranged at a later date.
Please create a Parent Log-in account and collate the required supporting documents ready for upload prior to filling out our online application form. Documents, other than the digital photograph, should be uploaded in PDF format and not larger than 800kb per file. We accept documents in English and Chinese except the school reports(s) and educational reports(s). For school report(s) and educational report(s), other than in English, should be translated by a professional translator or consular service.
1. Digital Photo of Applicant
- Colour passport-style portrait taken within the past three months
- Plain background
- Photo should be showing full frontal face with clear facial features
- File Type: JPEG (.JPG) File
- File Size: 800KB or below
- Scanned Image Dimensions: 40mm(W) x 50mm(H) at 600 dpi
- Digital Camera Image Dimensions: 1200(W) x 1600(H) pixels
2. Identity Documents
- Applicant’s birth certificate (required);
- Applicant’s passport information page (required);
- Applicant’s Hong Kong Identity Card or a copy of the visa label issued by the Immigration Department to establish the residency status in HKSAR (required). If your Hong Kong visa application is in progress, please let us know the anticipated date of issuance;
- Both parents’ passport information pages (required) and Hong Kong Identity Cards (if available);
3. School Reports
- Previous two years’ school reports or transcripts, plus current year report if available.
4. Nomination Right Certificate
- Nomination Right Certificate if the applicant is covered by one of our Nomination Rights schemes. For applications supported by a Corporate Nomination Right Certificate, please enclose a CNR Nomination Letter completed by the body corporate holding the CNR.
- If you obtain a CNR or INR after the application has been submitted and wish to nominate the child under the scheme, please inform us and we will update the status accordingly.
5. Other Document(s)
- Any other documents relevant to the application, for example, educational psychologist reports, special learning needs officer reports, educational assessments, court order proving custody of the child etc.
- Please do not submit personal portfolios including artwork, photographs, essays, video and audio recordings as they will not be considered for the application process.
6. Payment of Application Fee
- The application fee of HKD$1,800 is payable per applicant. Please arrange a payment by a crossed cheque, payable to “Malvern College Hong Kong Limited”, and write the applicant’s full name and date of birth as well as your contact number on the back of the cheque.
- The application fee is non-refundable. This charge covers the cost on the administrative activities, payable upon the submission of the application.
COMPLETING THE ONLINE APPLICATION
- Complete one form per applicant.
- Please fill out the form in English and proper capitalisation (avoid all capital letters) as this will assist with processing.
- Please ensure the form is completed accurately. All names must be spelled as shown on HKID or passport as they will be used in school reports and graduation certificates once accepted into the school.
- Failure to observe the above will cause delays or rejection of your application.
Once the online application is submitted, you will receive an auto-generated email acknowledgment.
SUBMIT CHEQUE FOR APPLICATION FEE BY MAIL
In addition to the completion of the Online Application Form, uploading the digital photo and required documents, you are required to submit a cheque for payment to our Admissions Office by mail or courier within 7 days of online submission:
Malvern College Hong Kong Admissions Office
14/F, Club Lusitano, 16 Ice House Street, Central, Hong Kong
(Visit to the office is by appointment only)
- It is not necessary to submit a printed copy of the online application form by mail.
- Please ensure that sufficient postage is affixed to the envelope to avoid unsuccessful delivery of mails and delay in your application. Any underpaid mail items will be returned to the sender (if applicable) or treated as undeliverable and arranged for disposal by the Hong Kong Post office.
- If you have questions about your application, please contact our admissions office at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at +852 3898 4688.
- We are currently experiencing a very large volume of applications and inquiries. Thank you for your patience and understanding if there are any delays in replying to your email correspondence or telephone inquiries.