Online Application Procedures for Academic Year 2019-20 and 2020-21
Please read the following instructions carefully before proceeding to our Online Application system.
Before you start the application, please familiarise yourself with the age guidelines for entry into Malvern College Hong Kong for the academic year of 2019-20 and 2020-21 and confirm your child’s Date of Birth falls within the correct year group.
We suggest you use a desktop or laptop computer to complete this form. Smartphones and tablets may cause issues due to screen size and formatting limitations.
The procedures of submitting an application to Malvern College Hong Kong are as follows:
- Completion of the Online Application Form, including uploading the photo and required documents;
- Payment of the HKD$3,000 administrative charge by crossed cheque. Please write your contact number, full name and date of birth of the applicant on the back of the cheque. Overseas applicants will be able to pay via Wire Transfer. Payment must be cleared to be considered duly paid.
All these steps must be complete for an assessment interview to be arranged at a later date.
Please upload the scanned copy of the following required documents. Documents should be in PDF, JPG, GIF or PNG format, and no larger than 800KB per file. It is useful to collate the necessary documents prior to filling out our Online Application Form. To complete the application, you will need to have these documents ready. Documents not in English or Chinese should be translated by a professional translator or consular service:
1. Photo of Applicant
- Digital photo of the applicant
- Colour passport-style portrait taken within the past three months
- Plain background
- Photo should be showing full frontal face with clear facial features
- File Type: JPEG (.JPG) File
- File Size: 800KB or below
- Scanned Image Dimensions: 40mm(W) x 50mm(H) at 600 dpi
- Digital Camera Image Dimensions: 1200(W) x 1600(H) pixels
2. Identity Documents
- The applicant’s birth certificate (required);
- The applicant’s passport information page (required);
- The applicant’s Hong Kong Identity Card or a copy of the visa label issued by the Immigration Department to establish the residency status in HKSAR (required). If your Hong Kong visa application is in progress, please let us know the anticipated date of issuance;
- Both parents’ passport information pages (required) and Hong Kong Identity Cards (if available);
3. School Reports
- The previous two years’ school reports or transcripts, plus current year report if available.
4. Nomination Right Certificate
- Nomination Right Certificate if a is child nominated under one of our Nomination Rights schemes. For nomination backed by a Corporate Nomination Right Certificate, a CNR Nomination Letter shall be completed by the body corporate holding the CNR and enclosed with the application.
- If you obtain a CNR or INR after the application has been submitted and wish to nominate the child under such scheme, please inform us and we will update the status accordingly.
5. Other Document(s)
- Any other relevant documents, for example, educational psychologist reports, special learning needs officer reports, educational assessments, court order proving custody of the child etc.
- We ask parents not to submit personal portfolios including artwork, photographs, essays, video and audio recordings as they will not be considered in the application process.
6. Payment of Administrative Charge
- The administrative charge of HKD$3,000 is payable per applicant. Please enclose a crossed cheque payable to “Malvern College Hong Kong Limited” with your contact number, full name and date of birth of the applicant written on the back of the cheque.
- The administrative charge is non-refundable. This charge covers the cost on entrance assessment and other administrative activities, payable upon the submission of the application.
COMPLETING THE ONLINE APPLICATION
- Complete one form per child applying to the school.
- Please fill out the form in English and proper capitalisation (avoid all capital letters) as this will assist with processing.
- Kindly ensure the form is completed accurately.
- The spelling of the names (for both parents and the child) must match the name shown on HKID or Passport as they will be used in school reports and graduation certificates once accepted into the school.
- Failure to observe the above will cause delays or rejection of your application.
Once the online application is submitted, you will receive an auto-generated email acknowledgment.
SUBMIT CHEQUE FOR ADMINISTRATIVE CHARGE BY MAIL
In addition to the completion of the Online Application Form, uploading the digital photo and required documents, you are required to submit the cheque/PayPal receipt for payment to our Admissions Office by mail or courier within 7 days of online submission:
Malvern College Hong Kong Admissions Office
14/F, Club Lusitano, 16 Ice House Street, Central, Hong Kong
(Visit to the office is by appointment only)
- It is not necessary to submit a printed copy of the online application form by mail.
- Please ensure that sufficient postage is affixed to the envelope to avoid unsuccessful delivery of mails and delay in your application. Any underpaid mail items will be returned to the sender (if applicable) or treated as undeliverable and arranged for disposal by the Hong Kong Post office.
- If you have questions about your application, please contact our admissions office at email@example.com or by telephone at +852 3898 4688.
- We are currently experiencing a very large volume of applications and inquiries. Thank you for your patience and understanding if there are any delays in replying to your email correspondence or telephone inquiries.