Malvern College Hong Kong plans to be an all-through IB World School delivering the International Baccalaureate (IB)’s
curriculum framework of the Primary Years Programme (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP), and the Diploma Programme (DP).
We have chosen the IB curriculum mainly because of its alignment with Malvern College’s philosophy and mission. In particular:
- It is the curriculum of choice of more than 4,500 international and local schools in more than 140 countries in Asia and around the world;
- The IB is recognised and admired by top universities around the world, thus opening many doors for our graduates as they pursue further education;
- It is an inquiry-based curriculum where children are able to explore and research ideas and concepts and develop a body of knowledge at their own pace of learning, thus fitting with our own personalised approach to learning and teaching;
- True to our mission, it is a rigorous and challenging curriculum that applies high standards and practices to ensure quality education;
- The programme utilises a conceptual, interdisciplinary, and holistic approach, offering opportunities for deeper and broader knowledge in a wide range of subject areas, as well as the development of the child as a global citizen;
- Its curriculum development is collaborative in nature, involving schools and teachers in a cyclical process and ensuring that our curriculum always adheres to global standards and meets the needs of our students and community.
The Malvern College Hong Kong Learning Pathway