- Completion of the online Application Form, including uploading the photo and required documents;
- Payment of the HKD$3,000 administrative charge by crossed cheque. Please write your contact number, full name and date of birth of the applicant on the back of the cheque. Overseas applicants will be able to pay via PayPal. Payment must be cleared to be considered duly paid.
All these steps must be complete for an assessment interview to be arranged at a later date.
Please upload the scanned copy of the following required documents. Documents should be in PDF, JPG, GIF or PNG format, and no larger than 800KB per file. It is useful to collate the necessary documents prior to filling out our online application form. To complete the application, you will need to have these documents ready. Documents not in English or Chinese should be translated by a professional translator or consular service:
1. Photo of Applicant
2. Identity Documents
- Digital photo of the applicant
- Colour passport-style portrait taken within the past three months
- Plain background
- Photo should be showing full frontal face with clear facial features
- File Type: JPEG (.JPG) File
- File Size: 800KB or below
- Scanned Image Dimensions: 40mm(W) x 50mm(H) at 600 dpi
- Digital Camera Image Dimensions: 1200(W) x 1600(H) pixels
3. School Reports
- The applicant’s birth certificate (required);
- The applicant’s passport information page (required);
- The applicant’s Hong Kong Identity Card or a copy of the visa label issued by the Immigration Department to establish the residency status in HKSAR (required). If your Hong Kong visa application is in progress, please let us know the anticipated date of issuance;
- Both parents’ passport information pages (required) and Hong Kong Identity Cards (if available);
4. Nomination Right Certificate
- The previous two years’ school reports or transcripts, plus current year report if available.
5. Other Document(s)
- Nomination Right certificate if a child nominated under one of our Nomination Rights schemes. For nomination backed by a Corporate Nomination Right certificate, a CNR Nomination Letter shall be completed by the body corporate holding the CNR and enclosed with the application.
- If you obtain a CNR or INR after the application has been submitted and wish to nominate the child under such scheme, please inform us and we will update the status accordingly.
6. Payment of Administrative Charge
- Any other relevant documents, for example, educational psychologist reports, special learning needs officer reports, educational assessments, court order proving custody of the child etc.
- We ask parents not to submit personal portfolios including artwork, photographs, essays, video and audio recordings as they will not be considered in the application process.
- The administrative charge of HKD$3,000 is payable per applicant. Please enclose a crossed cheque payable to “Malvern College Hong Kong Limited” with your contact number, full name and date of birth of the applicant written on the back of the cheque.
- Overseas applicants residing outside of HKSAR may pay via PayPal with this link and email your receipt to our Admissions Team. Our PayPal address is email@example.com.
- The administrative charge is non-refundable. This charge covers the cost on entrance assessment and other administrative activities, payable upon the submission of the application. The administration charges will be refunded in the unlikely event that Malvern College Hong Kong could not obtain the school registration from the Education Bureau and/or other government departments.
COMPLETING THE ONLINE APPLICATION
- Complete one form per child applying to the school.
- Please fill out the form in English and proper capitalisation (avoid all capital letters) as this will assist with processing.
- Kindly ensure the form is completed accurately.
- The spelling of the names (for both parents and the child) must match the name shown on HKID or Passport as they will be used in school reports and graduation certificates once accepted into the school.
- Failure to observe the above will cause delays or rejection of your application.
- Applications for academic years other than 2018-2019 will not be processed and will be returned.
Once the online application is submitted, you will receive an auto-generated email acknowledgment and receipt from the system.
SUBMIT CHEQUE FOR ADMINISTRATIVE CHARGE BY MAIL
In additional to completing the online application form, uploading the digital photo and required documents, you are required to submit the cheque/PayPal receipt for payment to our Admissions Office by mail or courier within 7 days of online submission:
Malvern College Hong Kong Admissions Office
14/F, Club Lusitano, 16 Ice House Street, Central, Hong Kong
(Visit to the office is by appointment only)
- It is not necessary to submit a printed copy of the online application form by mail.
- Please ensure that sufficient postage is affixed to the envelope to avoid unsuccessful delivery of mails and delay in your application. Any underpaid mail items will be disposed of by the Hong Kong Post office.
- If you have questions about your application, please contact our admissions office at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at +852 3898 4688.
- We are currently experiencing a very large volume of applications and inquiries. Thank you for your patience and understanding if there are any delays in replying to your email correspondence or telephone inquiries.